By Gordon, Richard.
How to perform distant healing: Instructions.
Before you can begin distant healing, you must find a quiet space where you can relax and think clearly. Begin by sitting or lying down in a comfortable position. Take a few deep breaths. As you breathe, picture the energy moving through your body, from your feet to the top of your head. Imagine the energy moving in one direction as you inhale and another as you exhale.
- As you continue to breathe, hold your hands together to form a small cup. Imagine the energy traveling to your hands as you exhale. Picture the person or persons you are trying to heal and imagine that you are holding them in your hands.
- The energy running through your body is a form of light or godly love. Feel it moving through you as you breathe. Embrace the spirit, the energy, as it courses through your body and is transmitted to those in need. Remain calm and keep breathing.
- Imagine, as you breathe, that there is a divine effort providing grace so that people can heal. See people being sent to safe places and reunited with their families. Imagine peace and love flowing into the hearts of those who are suffering, so that may not only be healed physically but mentally as well. Feel this as deeply as you can as you meditate.
- Avoid negative energy. Remember that the goal of distant healing is to nourish and heal those in need by providing miraculous assistance. Focus on this rather than directing your attention to what is not going well. Accept that the past cannot be changed but that you can work toward building a future that is positive and hopeful.
- Continue to imagine holding those you intend to heal in the cup of your hands. Send your love to them and allow for healing miracles to take place. Think about other actions you might take to bring about good in the world (donating money or volunteering, for example).
- Before you end your meditation, ask God—or whichever higher power you believe in—to bless those in need and bring peace to their lives. Take a deep breath before ending your healing session.
The technique above is just one way to practice distant healing. Other methods can also help you connect with the people who need healing and those around them:
- Deepen your own spirituality to improve your healing powers.
- Use a surrogate object such as a pillow or blanket to concentrate your energy and increase its power to heal.
- Practice distant healing techniques while watching the news. Send your loving energy to those who are suffering or in harm’s way, including the victims of natural disasters.
- Practice meditation breathing techniques to improve the flow of your natural energy.
- Spread your positive energy by taking action in the world. Volunteer your time or donate resources to a cause you care about.
Disclaimer: The information contained on this site is intended for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for advice, diagnosis or treatment by a licensed physician. You should seek prompt medical care for any health issues and consult your doctor before using alternative medicine or making a change to your regimen.
Gordon, Richard. “How to Perform Distant Healing.” Learn Religions, May. 8, 2019, learnreligions.com/distance-healing-tips-1731533.